The DAM Forum
July 28, 2021, 08:06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: software that can modify timestamps/creation dates for derivitive files  (Read 7441 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »

I am trying to get photos on my ipod touch to sort in the order I want & I read that they get arranged by the time stamps, a lot of the images I am working with are not original photos but derivatives, that were either scanned, or altered photographs. I discovered that expression media only adjusts timestamps creation dates for camera originals/photos taken directly with a camera.

does anyone know of software (preferably free) or a way that I can set the timestamps for these derivatives?

Sossity
rod barbee

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »

PhotoME looks promising: http://www.photome.de/

rod
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »

Sossity,
How about changing the filenames of the photos you are loading up.  Does the iPod software support sorting by file name?
Peter
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 08:57:15 AM »

I think the link for the program that rod provided may have worked, I loaded the photos & changed the timestamps on them. I then reloaded them from my drive in itunes & they appeared in order. I think itunes arranges photos on download order, I synced the logo first & then my photos & this seemed to work.

Sossity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: