The DAM Forum
August 02, 2021, 04:43:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using II-Pro with Lr not XM  (Read 7428 times)
makerr

View Profile Email
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »

I've been using II-Pro3 for a while and I like that when I import my images in to Expression Media I can use the catalog set that was created with II.  Since I've only been using a trial of XM, I would like to switch to using Lr a my cataloging software.  I would like to know if II can create collections in Lr the same way it can create catalog sets in XM.  If anybody knows if this is possible that would be great.

Cheers,
Matthew
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »

I doubt that's possible, but you could assign certain keywords or other metadata and then use the info in LR smart collections.

John
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »

John,
I've asked Marc to do this, but he indicated that it was not likely to happen anytime soon.
Peter

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:22:34 AM »

Peter

Writing dumb collections upon import would currently mean writing to the SQL database. While feasible, I can understand why Marc might prefer to wait.

On the other hand, IIP can add keywords and other metadata fields, for instance, allowing the original poster to set up smart collections to target these images (eg a 2 line smart collection targeting the capture date and the keyword). So IIP may be unable to create collections but can certainly populate them.

One could also use smart collections as a stepping stone to getting images into specific dumb collections. My workflow collection set gives an idea of how I'd approach it.

John
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 04:36:33 AM »

John,
I was actually asking for the program to write HKs, since they are the same syntax as Expression Media Catalog Sets. It did not seem like it would be a big deal to change that code, but what do I know...
Peter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: