The DAM Forum
August 02, 2021, 04:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Northmann  (Read 10691 times)
JonesyNo1

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »

Hi to everyone,

New to the forum, and this is my first post. 

My online/print company are considering a D.A.M, well we need to buy one!! We have in excess of 20,000 product photographs and are in need of software to help manage these images. We also have a number of issues with exporting pdf's, postcripting and printing. Namely being the amount of time it takes to create pdf's. So I am looking for a solution which will answer all my questions.

After a little research, i've come across Northmann. One of their major clients is Ikea, and if it is good enough for them i am hoping it will be good enough for us!

Has anyone heard of Northmann? Or is there any other software that anyone else can reccommend?

Jonesy
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:36:08 AM »

Jonesy,
Do you need multiple simultaneous users hitting the DAM system?
How many simultaneous users?
Is your budget for the project measured in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars?
Peter
JonesyNo1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes we would need multiple simultaneous users on the system. I would say no more than 12 users. With regards to budget, I'm not quite sure, it is yet to be confirmed. But i would say it would be in the late tens of thousands??!!

Jonesy
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 04:24:46 PM »

Not sure what happened - I thought I replied to this yesterday asking similar questions to Peter - but I've never heard of Northmann either. Given what I can see on their site, I wonder if they offer an off-the-shelf solution or are more built to order.

If you're looking for a multi-user DAM app, consider Extensis Portfolio and its server edition. Aspects of it are very good, and its integration with the CS suite has improved (using Adobe's Version Cue).

John.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:12:54 AM »

Jonesy,
I'd also be looking at MediaBeacon.
Peter
Thor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »

Hello Jonesy,

Northmann does indeed have installations with the userbase and size as mentioned, but none of the installations are custom made.
The Northmann DAM solution is a standard product, with a very short installation time for the basic installation. The product is augmented with modules, enabling to match the customers need and price-level. The Northmann DAM solution contains integration plug-ins into Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXPress, Microsoft Office and several 3d party interfaces for extensibility.
More information can be requested from the www.northmann.com website, where the Web interface of the DAM solution can be demonstrated.

The author of this post represents Northmann. The above message is intended as informational knowledge to clarify a question published in a previous thread post.

Thor
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »

Thor,
Thanks for posting and identifying your affiliation. Please feel free to post here whenever you have something relevant to say.
Peter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: