The DAM Forum
August 02, 2021, 04:02:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paragon Drive Backup Pro 9.0 or other software solution?  (Read 4956 times)
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2008, 05:55:01 AM »

Is anyone using this program for back ups and bare metal restore? The website makes it sound very robust and good for file and sector backup, as well as bare metal restoration of boot back-up. I seem to have too much difficulty trying to pick a software solution, and my procrastination is not good for recovery needs. I looked at True Image and it seemed less robust. Any idea of how well this company is supported, and whether it will be around in the future? Am I better off going with Ghost, by Norton? Norton finally seems to be getting more user friendly.

I am really looking for something for my boot restore first, and if it does file back up automaticly of my working files, that is gravy. I want it to avoid updating my archived files.

Thanks for any thoughts or advise.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com

www.BoglePhoto.com, blog at www.BoglePhoto.blogspot.com
PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »

Bill,

No guarantees on just about any company these days I'm afraid.  I'm still using TI.  I do like it better than Ghost.  I just think it has a more intuitive interface and is more flexible.  I use Ghost at work and it's a real pain if you need to do anything out of the ordinary.  I also like the fact that TI supports a secure zone where I can store the boot loader.  This allows me to boot to Acronis without needing the CD as long as the dirve is still functional.  Ghost doesn't support this.

Acronis has been around a while, so hopefully you won't have to worry.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: