Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How exactly does Rank & File transfer labels/ratings to IVMP?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 12:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Useful Stuff
| |-+  DAMuseful Software
| | |-+  How exactly does Rank & File transfer labels/ratings to IVMP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How exactly does Rank & File transfer labels/ratings to IVMP?  (Read 11648 times)
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 04:35:52 AM »

You are obviously very familiar with both Portfolio and IVMP, which suggests that you own both programs. Do you use both systems in parallel in order to overcome the limitations of each product? If not, which do you use for your primary catalogue and what purpose does the other program then serve?
I only really use iView at the moment, but I do own both. I think it's inexcusable that Portfolio doesn't embed metadata in raw and dng files, but its ability to read XMP metadata is better than iView's.

John
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 10:13:25 AM »

David,
]You're right about the site update.  It's on the list...

I do still find R&F helpful as Dan outlines.  I'll add a few other reasons why *I* like to have my iView labels match the stars.

1. Ratings are valuable information that can be easily changed by an errant keystroke or mouse click.  Imagine having a couple thousand images selected and accidentally changing all ratings.  If you are set to auto-save, you might find that information unrecoverable.

2. Label colors scan visually much more quickly that stars, by their very nature.  I can look at a page with several hundred images on it and easily see my ratings by the framed media.  You can't do that with stars.

3. I like the keystrokes for rating to be identical between Bridge and iView.  Applying Ratings in iView requires a modifier key, and the Label does not.

That said, to each his own.
Peter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: