Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bulk update in Bridge - Any ideas on best way
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 12:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Migration Issues
| | |-+  Bulk update in Bridge - Any ideas on best way
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bulk update in Bridge - Any ideas on best way  (Read 6608 times)
Mike777

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »

Hi All,

I have approx 2500 images that I would like to run through ACR however they are located in numerous buckets or folder locations and Bridge can only handle images from one folder. My solution was to copy them all to a temp folder, make the updates, corrections, etc then replace the originals with the new files.

Anyone got any ideas on how to intelligently transfer the corrected files, overwriting the originals. I cant find a way to do this in iview other than copying them over manually which is labourious?

Im sure someone here must have done this operation.

Tks
Mike
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »

Mike,
I would probably make a set in iView of images that need to be worked on and add all images.  Then, I would work through the files, one folder at a time:

Select image, and drag into the Bridge icon on the Doc (Mac) or right click and launch in Bridge.  This will open the whole folder.
Make Adjustments
When done, go back to iView and remove these items from the set of files needing update (Right Click, Remove term from selected media items.)
Work through the entire set.

I think this would be a lot easier to keep track of than making duplicates of the files.
Peter
Mike777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:25:36 PM »

Peter,

Thanks for the response. I did start in this way, I have all of the images in a set, then added a description in the job identifier field. When I click on each folder I can quickly sort all of the images in there by the tag in the job identifier.

It falls down when I open Bridge because then I'm looking at the whole folder (as opposed to just my selects), eg: I have 139 images in a folder that contains 533. Only other way I can think is to push all of my private data into the files in iview (which Im reluctant to do) so that I can pick up the tag in Bridge. Otherwise its a case of constantly flipping back and forth between bridge and iview to check if the next image is a select to work on.

Now I think about it though, a work around here is going to be much better than making dupes in a temp folder.

I realise this a back to front workflow, these are legacy files that I have selected as stock candidates.

Cheers
Mike

Muzza

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »

Utilise the find command in Bridge to reveal them in the one window. The command 'Build Cache for Subfolders applies your camera raw defaults to all the files in the folder tree.

Muzza!!!
Mike777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:01:03 PM »

Thanks Muzza, I have played around with that and it seems to do the trick.

Next issue I have is that updates that I have made in iview are not being seen in Bridge. This means that search results in Bridge are not current. I synched back in ivew and the changes are in the 'job identifier' field which is an IPTC field so it should be seen in Bridge.

I guess that the xmp files are not being updated, so I will have to investigate that now.

Cheers
Mike
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »

If you want to run files through ACR, you can select in iView and open in Photoshop (rather than Bridge).  This will open the selected files in an ACR window.

Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: