Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Filling the Buckets
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 12:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Migration Issues
| | |-+  Filling the Buckets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Filling the Buckets  (Read 4595 times)
wdnman

View Profile Email
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:00:58 PM »

One thing I've not seen in the book (or perhaps have not retained IF I've seen it) is the order in which the images (once renamed and metadata added) should be placed into the "buckets." 

In otherwords, if I'm making the first bucket, should the oldest files go there, or does it make any difference (since the cataloging software should be able sort through all of that)?  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:01:03 PM by wdnman » Logged
David Arnold

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »

Quote: "if I'm making the first bucket, should the oldest files go there"

Yep. The bucket system is like Andy (Campbell Soup can paintings) Warhol's box system. Warhol always had a good-sized cardboard carton next to his desk. Anything he was done with (a sketch he didn't want, a magazine he had read, junk mail he didn't want to read, a used pencil or chewing gum wrapper,...)went into the carton. When a carton was full his assistant sealed it, dated and numbered it, and put it in storage. A simple, sequential system. Today you can see some of them at the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. This is the simplest possible way to store your originals yet still keep them accessible should you ever need to retrieve one. Get more complex and you'll be using the damn word instead of the DAM word.

David
wdnman

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:05:24 PM »

More or less what I'd thought.  Assuming you can retrieve via metadata search, then why should I care where it physically resides. 

Thanks for the reply. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: