Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ImageIngester with RapidFixer buttons on Bridge issue?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 10:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  ImageIngester with RapidFixer buttons on Bridge issue?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ImageIngester with RapidFixer buttons on Bridge issue?  (Read 3512 times)
cnarayan

View Profile Email
« on: July 16, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »

Thanks for the wonderful utility Marc. I would like to use and would even consider the pro version. But, it breaks my workflow when using RapidFixer.  As the raw files are already converted to dng, if I try to use the rapid fixer buttons, it keeps complaining about how I have to apply camera raw defaults before changing although I just did it. I am not exactly sure where the problem is. It may be with RapidFixer not being able to use DNG's ??

Any suggestions for what the workflow should look like when using ImageIngester with RapidFixer buttons on Bridge.

Chandru
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »

Chandru,
This is a bug in Bridge that looks like it will not be fixed in this version.  RapidFixer cannot work on DNG files.  My workflow is to make the adjustments and then convert to DNG. 

Even if the bug was fixed and RapidFixer could work on DNG files, it would take most of the Rapid out.  In order to keep the embedded previews matching current settings, Camera Raw must rebuild the DNG every time you make an adjustment to the RAW file.  THis is a several second process.  You could turn "always update" off in the Camera Raw preference box, but then you would have to remember to export a new embedded preview for all adjusted files after each session.

The answer here is to wait to build the DNG files until you have made the adjustments to the file.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: