Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Beta 2 of ImageIngesterPro preview - destination folder menu on main window
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 09:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Beta 2 of ImageIngesterPro preview - destination folder menu on main window
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beta 2 of ImageIngesterPro preview - destination folder menu on main window  (Read 3068 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:19:56 PM »

Thanks everyone who commented on my proposed design for a destination folder menu on the main window. I've now posted a new beta (link below; Mac only) that implements this feature. Here's the documentation:

Destination Folder (new with Beta 2)

In the Preferences, the Primary Folder has been renamed Primary Root, and the Backup Folder has been renamed Backup Root.

In place of the User-Named Folder menu on the main window, there's now a more flexible Destination menu that holds the last 10 primary-folder destinations, along with a menu item for choosing a new one. Destinations can be anywhere on any hard drive, although it's best to choose one within the Primary Root tree chosen on the Preferences Panel. If you don't, ingestion will still work fine, but the backup folder will be nested more deeply to accommodate the entire destination path. When the destination is inside the Primary Root tree, it can be abbreviated, since ImageIngester knows what the root of it is.

This feature allows you to set up your primary folder any way you want: By type of client (Corporate, Wedding, Personal), by person (Adam, Barbara, Clint), by type of image (raw, JPEG), any combination of these, or any other way. In a subsequent beta, Client and Project will be options on the Preferences Panel, so you probably won't have to use the Destination menu for those.

Within the destination folder, you can have year, month, date, and number-range folders (and eventually client and project). However, the User-Named Folder feature is now gone.

The destination folder and the entire list of 10 most-recently-used destination paths are part of a Preference Set.

--Marc

Mike Guilbault

mike.guilbault
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:59:23 PM »

MARC!  It's GREAT!  That's exactly what I wanted.  I can create whatever folder or subfolder wherever I need it.  And if I need to go to an existing folder, it will most likely appear in the Previous Destination list - if not, I still am able to navigate to it.  Coupled with the Pref Sets, it's very powerful. PERFECT! 

I've got a busy weekend and couple of weeks coming up - this is going to make it all very smooth and easy.

Thanks again!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: