Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
bug? - dng end up with 5 star rating on ingest
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 08:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  bug? - dng end up with 5 star rating on ingest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bug? - dng end up with 5 star rating on ingest  (Read 4360 times)
xopoe

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:51:56 AM »

this program is great - very similar to what i think lightroom has in mind for it's import feature.

one problem i had is that the dng files end up with 5 star ratings.  i can't find anything in the preferences regarding ratings....

is there something i'm missing?
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:14 AM »

I've had a few reports of changes to DNGs like this one... another example is getting the image rotated. It's turned out to be extra stuff in the metadata templae. You have to make sure the metadata template is fresh... not left over from any editing in Bridge or Photoshop.

if you're getting a 5-start rating and you're NOT using a metadata template, there are two possible explanations:

1. A bug in ImageIngester, or
2. You're shooting nothing but outstanding pictures. Try leaving the lens cap on, putting your fingers in front of the lens, etc., etc.

OK, so maybe #2 is a long shot.

--Marc

xopoe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:55:01 PM »

well, they were pretty good shots of my cat...

but you were right about the non fresh metadata template; i read about that somewhere else but didn't connect the dots (thought it only applied to rotation).

are you familiar with lightroom's import feature and how it is similar to yours?  currently i find LR frustrating (in that i believe it is a car without an engine), but i do believe it has the potential to being the frontrunner in the as yet to be developed all-in-one app for the pro photographer (ingest>process>catalogue).  but there's a lot of ifs in the way... just curious how that may or may not affect your development of image ingester.  regardless, thanks for the great app!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: