Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rank & File DEAD IN THE WATER!
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 07:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Useful Stuff
| |-+  DAMuseful Software
| | |-+  Rank & File DEAD IN THE WATER!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rank & File DEAD IN THE WATER!  (Read 5554 times)
jfiora

View Profile Email
« on: July 12, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

I've just downloaded and installed R&F (1.16) and I'm trying to run it on 10.4.6 w/Bridge v 1.0.3.106. It just spins and goes nowhere requiring a force quit. Do I need a Bridge update? What's this about R&F Lite? Please advise. Jim Fiora
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:34:41 PM by jfiora » Logged
jfiora

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »

It is also stripping the metadata and the ratings info from (some of) the files. Jim Fiora
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:35:44 PM by jfiora » Logged
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 06:35:35 AM »

Jim,
I'll email privately, and let's see if we can diagnose by phone.
Peter
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:15:43 AM »

Here's a discussion on the problem http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=319.0.  No resolution to date.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
DAM_neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »

This discussion is a little disturbing.  I just stumbled up it after ordering the Rank & File software a few hours ago. 

It is curious that I received a Paypal reciept for my order, but never received a method for downloading the script?  Is this still being re-worked?  Has anyone heard a status on this?

Jim
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 07:34:13 PM »

Jim,

I'm still able to use R&F just fine.  This problem happens very seldom, and I'm able to minimize it by copying my ranked files to a folder by themselves before running the script on them.  I also keep a copy of the auto-generated log.txt file in that folder as well; seems to help.  If the script hangs, I just abort it, copy the first file back into the directory again and rerun.  It always runs the second time.

Peter is in Iceland right now, so he may not be able to send you a copy until he returns.  However, if you would like to get it now I can email you a link to it.  Just give me an email address to send it too.

I actually use R&F Lite now.  It's missing a few of the features of R&F, but it's quicker, and I haven't experienced the hangup problem with it.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
DAM_neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 04:15:32 PM »

Thank you for your response.  I did receive the software from Alyson Krogh ... thank you.   I'm currently giving it a whirl. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: