Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Download folder options
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 08:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Download folder options
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Download folder options  (Read 6670 times)
Photo_op
« on: July 09, 2006, 06:56:17 PM »

Marc-During a weekend shoot of two seperate functions, I used two different cameras. When ingesting, I thought I had read somewhere in the documentation that folders would be named sequentially if two (or more) had the same date from two different cards. Apparently, I was wrong, when photos from the two seperate cameras where co-mingled under the same dates. Did I (1) misread, (2) use the wrong parameters in Preferences or (3) some other issue. Thanks DaveB.
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »

Dave--

The way backup folders were named has been changed in a beta version, but not primary folders, except that recently two additional options were added: number-range folders, and user-named folders. It used to be true that each backup folder contained a separate ingestion, but no more. However, I think you aren't asking about the backup folder.

To keep each ingestion in its own folder, the simplest way is to use number-range folders. It's always true that a number-range folder contains images from exactly one ingestion. To make this true, if two ingestions happen to have exactly the same range of numbers, a suffix is added to make the number-range folder names unique.

Date and user-named folders can contain images from different ingestions.

--Marc

Photo_op
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 03:37:52 AM »

Marc- I do not want to clutter up the forum, but thank you for the quick reply. I get it now. Couldn't see the forrest thru the trees. My compliments on your efforts and the programs results.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: