Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ImageIngester Beta 1.6.0B1 for Mac now supports Preference Sets
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 09:13:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  ImageIngester Beta 1.6.0B1 for Mac now supports Preference Sets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: ImageIngester Beta 1.6.0B1 for Mac now supports Preference Sets  (Read 11129 times)
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »

Marc,

I just wanted to say thanks for your work on ImageIngester, as well as your continued efforts to improve it.  It's really made a difference in the ingestion phase.  Looking forward to the next release.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 06:34:53 PM »

Thanks for the nice words, Dan... actually, I almost expected to have someone say, "Stop with all these releases!" ;-)

With 1.6.0 in beta, I have most of 1.7.0 running on the Mac here, with a redesigned ingestion process. It now has several often-asked-for features:

1. Backup folder's structure is exactly like that of primary folder. No more weird folder names and weird interim file names.
2. Staging folder and the associated copying is gone, resulting in a major speed-up.
3. Sidecars are generated for all image types, not just raws.
4. You can ingest from anywhere, not just a card with a DCIM folder. In fact, you can point ImageIngester at the root of your hard disk and ingest everything on it... even tens-of-thousands of files. This will lead to a bunch of future features that have nothing to do with ingestion per se, but which fit naturally into what ImageIngester does.

I learned from the pros here and from those who wrote me a lot about the workflow that I knew nothing about when I started. So, the second time through, I'm able to greatly streamline and speed up the processing.

--Marc

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: