Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ImageIngester 1.5.1 released
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 08:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  ImageIngester 1.5.1 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ImageIngester 1.5.1 released  (Read 7175 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 20, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

The new version is now out of beta... only a few minor bugs were found by the beta testers. (Thanks!)

I've updated the documentation on the web site as well.

http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/ (Still free!)

--Marc

AnthonyRalph

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:19:29 PM »

Dear Marc:

Thanks for getting out the Windows version so quickly. Your hard work is really appreciated.

Anthony.
SChytil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 10:59:25 PM »

Hello Marc,

I downloaded, installed and ran ImageIngester 1.5.1 on Windows XP today. I downloaded a couple of cards with images from my 1Ds.  I am having a problem with the Adobe DNG Converter options.  The first run I had "Run DNG Converter", did not select "verify only", and had "Full-size JPEG preview" selected.  The program stated that it was running the DNG converter but no images were converted. The images still had their TIF extension even though the preferences dialog showed they would have DNG as their extension. It stated No images converted also.

The second time I selected "Verify Only". The program said "Running DNG converter for verification only".  Then copying images to staging and moving images as expected. In the stats is states: Verification: Raws verified: 0; Files copied without error but unverified: 51.

I am running Adobe DNG Converter v3.4 and I selected the EXE from the folder on my hard drive where it lives.

I did not have any folder options selected (date foldeer(s), etc).  My filename options are Text, YYMMDD, File-name numbers.

Thanks,

Scott Chytil
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:30:03 PM »

Scott--

I don't know if DNG Converter will convert TIFs, but I do know that I don't pass TIFs on to it, even if it does. Is that what you are trying to do--run TIFs through DNG Converter to get them converted to DNGs? Or, perhaps I misunderstood.

--Marc

jconly

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:39:41 AM »

Marc,

I believe TIF is the extension for a RAW file from a 1Ds

Justin
SChytil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 07:41:10 AM »

Marc,

Yes, the 1Ds raw format is a tiff file.  I'll try and run them through DNG separately.  I thought I had converted 1Ds files before, but that must have been my older Nikon files.  Just getting into this DAM stuff, so most of it is still pretty new territory.

Thanks,

Scott
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »

This TIF thing is going to be a little complicated, because I have a point-and-shoot that actually does save TIF files, which are definitely not raw. Perhaps I need another Preferences checkbox. Maybe I can think of a cleaner solution. (Not that I care about saving a TIF with that particular camera.)

--Marc

g

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »

Hi Marc,

Havent had a chance to check out the 1.5.0 beta. On reading that you had a newer version i decided to try the 'check for updates' button on my 1.5.0B2 it however tells me that my ingester is up to date.  Maybe the check update only works on non beta version but just thought i would mention it.

Many thanks again.

g
SChytil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

As an update to my earlier posts Marc and I exchanged emails also and he now has a Canon 1Ds Tif file to play with for testing.  The do work with the DNG Converter just fine.

Marc, Maybe it's as easy as just passing through a tif to DNG and seeing what it does with it. I'm sure it should spit out a message if it doesn't recognize the tif format as actually being a RAW format.

Scott
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 10:09:19 PM »

g--

Right. The update check is only for non-beta versions. This may change in the future. Whatever change is required will occur only at the web site, not in the app itself.

It does make sense that a beta tester would be notified when the final is ready... sorry it didn't happen that way this time.

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: