Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Searchable online image database of models
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2020, 01:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Workflow Discussions
| |-+  Stock Photography
| | |-+  Searchable online image database of models
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Searchable online image database of models  (Read 12555 times)
seanf

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »

Hey,

I am working for a stock photographer in an on-set digi tech / post-production role. We are currently in the process of putting together a database of all the models we have casted for all the many jobs we have done. We use iView to catalogue.  Ideally we would like to create an online catalogue that could be logged into and then searched using attached keywords. Is there software that I could do this with, I have tried to find something of this nature, but have not come across anything at this point.

The best solution we have some up with thus far is creating web galleries for each dempgraphic we sort for, this however makes it a lot harder to drill down data and find people quickly.

I would appreciate any comments

thanks

sean
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:42:06 AM »

Sean

This is a custom application, so what are your database skills like?  If you need to do it with web galleries, you'd need a database like mySQL to drive them. Otherwise you'd be best off with MS Access or Filemaker Pro.

John
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:04:57 PM »

One approach is to subscribe to a web based service like Photoshelter.  You can send images there from iView and they will be searchable by metadata.

You might also try one of the free gallery programs that come with some web hosting like Coppermine.
Peter
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:53:10 PM »

Another really good one is www.digitalrailroad.net.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: