Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Preview of Coming Attractions (1.5.0)
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 07:47:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Preview of Coming Attractions (1.5.0)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Preview of Coming Attractions (1.5.0)  (Read 4152 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:20:43 PM »

The UI is nearly finished for the upcoming 1.5.0 -- check out the screen shot. Note the "Embed raw" checkbox, the User-Named and Number-Range Folders, the auto-numbered file names, the folder arrangement example, and the two new controls on the main window. (It turned out the the Ingestion Parameters dialog I talked about on the web site earlier was completely unnecessary.)

Note the amazing similarity between the folder arrangement example and the picture on p. 155 of The DAM Book. ;-)

--Marc

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »

Marc,
This looks really good. 
Peter
photo5981

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 10:08:36 PM »

I just found your Web site and this forum.  Thanks Peter.  I'm switching from PC to Mac and was lost without an equivalent to Breezesys Downloader Pro but Image Ingester looks to be my saviour.  Thank you, Marc.

I'm posting to this thread because I have a question/suggestion about folder naming and organization.  (Apologies to Peter but I haven't read your book yet so if this question has a better solution than mine, I'm interested in understanding.)

If I shoot on multiple days for one project, I like to co-locate all of the images in one project-oriented folder such as:

2006 Andalucia
  date1_image.nef
  date1_image.nef
  date2_image.nef
  etc.

With the current (and new Beta) image naming, the closest I can get is:

2006-02-03
  Andalucia
    image.nef

2006-02-04
  Andalucia
    image.nef

which to me is less organized than having everything under one folder.  What are the chances to have the user specified job name combined with the year as a top level folder?  Of is there another suggested way of organizing?

Even allowing a year only option would solve the problem, i.e.

Job Name
    date1_image.nef
    date2_image.nef

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: