Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Camera Raw default to hard coded setting
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 09:29:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Bridge/ Camera Raw
| | |-+  Camera Raw default to hard coded setting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Camera Raw default to hard coded setting  (Read 3075 times)
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2006, 05:51:30 AM »

I've carefully calibrated my cameras with the Thomas Fors script to determine optimum default settings.  I've then set those as camera defaults.  Works well.  However if the files are accessed from a computer with different camera defaults set, I see those settings, not my carefully calibrated settings.  Yes, I know I need to enter the same defaults on this other computer but that's not always possible or convenient.  Is there a way to change the settings in a file that might be using appropriate camera defaults to appear as though these are edited image settings so that these will appear on any computer that accesses these files?  In other words the other computer will load the specific image setttings rather than camera defaults.

Bob Smith
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:38:30 PM »

Bob,
You will need to apply Camera Raw defaults for all images that you bring through.  I suggest that this is the first thing you do to your pictures.  The images will then keep the custom settings.

You can also apply defaults, take that image to another computer and either set it as the default for that computer, or create a custom CR setting (Bob's Defaults) that can be applied from the Bridge menu.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: