The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 06:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Workflow Discussions
| |-+  Wedding Workflow
| | |-+  Double names in Pictage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Double names in Pictage  (Read 6573 times)
bslanger

View Profile Email
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:48:31 AM »

I'm not sure if anyone on the forum is using Pictage to post files, typically wedding files, to their website or not.  If so, or even not, I have a dilema with re-naming.   To ftp images to Pictage's server, they require 5 folders: 01_Getting ready, 02_Ceremony, 03_Formals, 04_Reception, 05_Details.  Actually they do not require more than one folder, but it helps.   Each folder has to have the files names in a four digit sequence and sequentially.   So inside folder 1, 01_Getting ready, the files would go: 0001 through the end to 0045, or however many files are in that folder.   The next folder would start off where they left off, ie. Folder 2, 02_Ceremony would have: 0046-0124, or however many nunbers are in that folder.  And then so on through folder 5.    

My question is at what point woudl I re-name the files to the Pictage numbering system?  Each wedding has to follow the same numbering sequence, so if I do 50 weddings this year, all 50 weddings would have the same set of numbers, and I would have 50 similar file names for every wedding image in my records.  How can I keep track of the original file name, and still use the Pictage number system.  

I have no idea if this makes any sense.  My girlfriend tells me I am very vauge all the time.....
Thanks for any ideas.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:24:24 AM by peterkrogh » Logged
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »

Brian,
I would make catalog sets for each subset (reception, for instance).
I would then select all the images, and have iView create a set of JPEGs for each image in the particular set
I would drop those JPEGs into Folders of the correct name
I would then rename the images in each folder to the Pictage name.
Then upload.

Does this work?
Peter
bslanger

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:37:45 PM »

Yep, works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: