Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
DNG Rotation
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2020, 11:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  DNG
| | |-+  DNG Rotation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DNG Rotation  (Read 7649 times)
Nick Rains

View Profile Email
« on: April 13, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »

Hi

If I change the orientation of a DNG file in IView the change is not reflected when opening the file into ACR. I made the change and Synched Annotations so it should work, and the change does show in the Media Info list for that file.

If I do the same in Bridge, it works fine.

Any idea why it does not seem to work in IView?

(Also posted on RG)

Nick Rains
havezet

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 11:26:28 PM »

Hi Nick,

If you change the orientation in Bridge, Bridge will update both XMP and Exif. Once there is XMP data, Bridge will read the orientation info only from XMP, which is no problem because Exif and XMP should always be in sync.

Once you rotate the image in iView you could check in Bridge if the XMP orientation flag is updated. You can find the XMP orientation flag in the tiff:Orientation property of the Tiff XMP schema.

Hope that helps

Hert

Author of IDimager
http://www.idimager.com
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:58:49 PM »

Nick

iView rotation of DNGs doesn't get synchronized back to the original file. Put in a feature request .

John
Nick Rains

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 12:13:23 AM »

OK, so it wasn't just me...

Thanks John, feature request logged.

Nick
mikewren

MikeWrenAlbany
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:01:13 AM »

I'm running into a similar issue... DNG orientation changes in Bridge are not being reflected in iView.

<tiff:Orientation>6</tiff:Orientation>
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »

You tried rebuilding the items in iVew - Ctrl/Cmd B ?
mikewren

MikeWrenAlbany
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »

You tried rebuilding the items in iVew - Ctrl/Cmd B ?

Didn't have to... this was a fresh import into iView.  But just for kicks, i forced a rebuild anyway, with the same results.

The image shows the correct (adjusted) orientation in Bridge, but show incorrect in iView.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 10:54:21 AM »

Mike,
Are you using a "watched folder"?  There is a know bug in this.  It's too bad, becuase I really want to have my DNG drop folder be a watched folder, so that when I create DNG files in batch, when I sit back down they will be in iView.

Try dropping the files into a fresh catalog.   When I do this, all my rotations are seen.
Peter
mikewren

MikeWrenAlbany
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 11:05:24 AM »

Mike,
Are you using a "watched folder"?  There is a know bug in this.  It's too bad, becuase I really want to have my DNG drop folder be a watched folder, so that when I create DNG files in batch, when I sit back down they will be in iView.

Try dropping the files into a fresh catalog.   When I do this, all my rotations are seen.
Peter

This is exactly the issue I'm having, and the solution is precisely as you described.

Sidenote: I've picked myself up an external 100GB bus-powered USB2 Seagate drive... it is many times faster than my previous approach of networked shares.  When sharing buckets across my 100mbps LAN, the iView GUI was sluggish and slow to respond to user input.  With the external drive, response time is much faster.  Put another tallymark in the column of KISS, I guess  Smiley

Sidenote #2: After re-importing all 14,000 images (80/20 DNG/JPG), iView seem to be even faster now that I haven't enabled my DNG drop folder as a watched folder.  Thumbnail creation is orders of magnatude faster, as is forced/maunal rebuilding a metadata syncs.  There may be quite a few bugs associated with enabling watched folders...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:13:28 AM by mikewren » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: