The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2018, 09:37:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2906 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Software Discussions
| | |-+  Downloader pro for ingesting my RAW Files does it alter them?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Downloader pro for ingesting my RAW Files does it alter them?  (Read 275 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:22:10 PM »

Greetings all, been a while, I dont if anybody posts here anymore, but will ask anyway.

I recently took a digital photography class, and had to shoot RAW files, so now I have a bunch of them on a memory card of which I would like to download to my hard drive.

I want to keep them unaltered, and I am not sure if any image downloading software will alter them or not? do programs like downloader pro just copy to the hard drive? or does it alter the images in any way? what I would like to do first is to just copy the files without converting or altering, but copy while renaming them.

Sossity
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »

Yes you should be fine, just make sure you switch off any option to change the file: date stamp, IPTC, EXIF, etc,. I used BreezeBrowser and Downloader Pro many, many years ago and it is solid software.

You're right to be careful as some programs do change the raw file while downloading to a computer. In my case it was Nikon Transfer program, made by Nikon themselves. Phase One Capture One PRO was unable to to read the white balance - but this an edge case!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: