Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Need Solution to back up 100s of CD/DVD Photo Archives to HDDs
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 06:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Need Solution to back up 100s of CD/DVD Photo Archives to HDDs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need Solution to back up 100s of CD/DVD Photo Archives to HDDs  (Read 5565 times)
Emile

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:08:12 AM »

After more than a decade of shooting digitally, I have literally 100s of CDs and DVDs containing archived images that I want to back up to hard drives.  I can't imagine doing this one CD/DVD at a time.  I started doing it, and it's just too mind numbing.

Does anyone have a recommendation of how to automate this process? 

I am willing to buy the necessary hardware if there is a hardware solution someone can recommend. 

Thanks in advance for any and all advice and recommendations.

Emile Wamsteker
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

Hi Emile,

I don't know of an automated solution for you problem. I believe the best way to proceed would be to investigate the migration procedures in the Dam Book and/or dpBestflow's Migration writeup   http://dpbestflow.org/links/41   This will certainly take a good chunk of time but if you put in a little bit of time each day it shouldn't be too painful. Regardless of the workflow you use to get the job done be sure that you incorporate validated transfers using SyncBack, ChronoSync or a similar application.

Bill Lewis
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: