The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  iView MediaPro
| | |-+  Moving to Lion, what to do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moving to Lion, what to do?  (Read 5941 times)
kevs

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »

I'm moving soon to Mountain Lion, what should I do? Iview is power PC.

Go to Expression media? is that for Mac? Is the interface similar? Does it recognize iview .ivc data files. other ideas? thanks

Kevs

KEVS CS3/ MAC 10.4.11
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 02:23:45 AM »

KEVS,

Expression Media is no longer supported, so it isn't an option. Phase One purchased EM from Microsoft but if you take a look at their forum it doesn't appear to have very good support. I would suggest moving to Lightroom, you can run a trial version for 30 days. The worst part of migrating to LR will be the loss of catalog sets and putting together collections to replace them, but it's doable and Adobe support is good.

Bill
DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:29:42 AM »

If you don't want to make the switch to a different program all together.  Both Expression Media and Media Pro work just fine on Mountain Lion. 
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:42:43 AM »

My advice is to switch over to Lightroom if you can.
Migrating to EM maybe is the easiest way for you but it has no future
Migrating to MP does involve more work and preparation. When you consider this option serious; minmal do some research for Lightroom too.

The support of MP is not what i hoped for with Phase One, a 'real' Photograpy label, instead of Microsoft. However, when it still was Microsoft (EM) there was better support and involvement in the user forums. Both are not committed enough to develop it as it should.
Adobe however does show dedication to take Lightroom further and further. Right now, with the recent price drop, i think it's far most the better deal.

Roelof (an dedicated EM user)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: