The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Scans and Camera Scans
| | |-+  Adapters for Beseler Dual Mode Slide Duplicator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Adapters for Beseler Dual Mode Slide Duplicator  (Read 4318 times)
Duane Gamble

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

I have recently acquired a Beseler Dual Mode Slide Duplicator in good condition.  Iím trying to locate a source for purchasing the camera body and enlarging lens adapters for the Bellows.  I want to use my Nikon D300 on the duplicator. From studying the units manual, I need a Nikon DSLR, T Ring adapter and a Male T Flange to install the camera on top of the bellows.  I will need a  Female T Flange and a T mount for a 39 mm lens for  installation on the lower end of the  bellows.  I called Beseler to inquire about any remaining spare parts for their slide duplicator units and they said there is no remaining inventory.  I would appreciate any help or tips on locating these essential  parts.   Thanks
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 03:24:00 AM »

Hi Duane,

If you haven't tried it already, eBay might be a source for the parts you need.

Good luck with your search.

Bill
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »

For the camera... T mounts should be readily available.  I ordered one for Canon EOS a few months ago from B&H I think.  It's a Bower brand.  That screws onto the flange that fits into the bellows.  If you don't have that flange, that may be harder to source.  I seem to recall that B&H had quite a bit of T-mount items so maybe they have it all.  I would have assumed that part would come with the unit.  I have (and still use) one of these units that I purchased new in the mid eighties.  I know my unit came with those parts.  Even if you have to make something suitable, it really shouldn't be that difficult and could probably be accomplished with some epoxy and some other T-mount parts.

For the enlarging lens, I used epoxy to attach a Leica thread flange off of an enlarger to some odd lens mount part I had laying around the studio that fit into the bellows mount opening.  I looks like it might be another Nikon T-Mount part with the enlarging lens threaded piece glued to the front.  The Nikon bayonet end fits into the opening in the bellows and is held by the the set screws on the side that would normally grip a flange.  Been using it for years and it works quite well. 

Bob Smith
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: