The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  Anyone Heard of NeoFinder and worked with it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone Heard of NeoFinder and worked with it?  (Read 2372 times)
geoffjohnson

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

http://www.cdfinder.de/en/news_files/introducing_neoFinder_6.html
BeckyMalaria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:03:26 AM »

I downloaded the demo and will be trying it out today. I was really excited to see it allegedly supports networking. If it can really handle multiple users that would be a HUGE factor for us!! I realize this is almost a year later but have you tried it out?

-Becky
BeckyMalaria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »

I haven't received a reply to my email inquiry to NeoFinder support (not a very good sign,) but I think I've answered my question, in the negative, after finding the following info in the User Guide:

"If two copies of NeoFinder change the very same catalog at the same time, results can be unpredictable. In most company structures, that is no real problem. One or more administrators work with the catalog data, add new catalogs, or modify existing ones. The vast majority of users will use NeoFinder only to browse and search the catalogs." Then it goes on to tell you to set all users to read access only using your server software, except for the administrator.

How can you describe such an application as multi-user if only one person can have write access at a time?

This is the page with networking info and that's not specified anywhere... seems misleading!

http://www.cdfinder.de/en/en/networking.html

-Becky

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: