The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 06:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28016 Posts in 5137 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  LR 4.1 DNG issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LR 4.1 DNG issues  (Read 1732 times)
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:43:04 PM »

Seems that none of the files from any canon camera will show the embedded preview in Media Pro.  I'm on a MAC running Lion.

I took a DNG converted in LR4, imported into LR3, reconverted, saved the preview and updated the metadata, and MP recognizes the file and allows for outputting of JPEGs.

Any CR2 files converted in LR4 give a pixel dimension of 256x171.

Any help would be appreciated!

~Mark S. Kornbluth
DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »

I had this problem as well though with Nikon files.  It appears to be the DNG, not the type of file it comes from.  I solved it by going Media Pro -> Media Rendering and then under the Raw tab, I set the Rendering Engine to Phase One.  That solved my problems.  That being said, since I've started with LR4, I haven't added any new files to my MediaPro catalogs, prefering just to use LR as my one stop shop for DAM.  Still use Media Pro for all my old files though until I spend the weeks of tedium importing all my old files (100,000+) LR4.

Drew
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »

Thanx for the reply.

I did try that, but it didn't help.

It seems that any file converted to DNG in LR3 shows full sized embedded previews, but the same files rendered in LR4 doesn't show full sized files in the same MP catalog.

I've duplicated everything on two computers, so it's something with how LR4 is converting, or the way MP is reading the DNG.
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know, turns out that there's a new feature in LR4 when converting to DNG.  If you check the EMBED FASTLOAD DATA when converting, the resulting DNG's embedding JPEG won't be seen by OSX.

That only took 8 months to figure out.  Adobe Help needs some updating...

~Mark S. Kornbluth
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: