The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Software Discussions
| | |-+  Purchased Image Info Toolkit & CV Catalog
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Purchased Image Info Toolkit & CV Catalog  (Read 2727 times)
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:26:22 PM »

Well, I took a chance and purchased the Image Info Toolkit and the CV Keyword catalog with a year of updates to the catalog.  I'm hoping this will save me a lot of time in building my own keyword database and kewording my images.  It's not the friendliest application in the world, but I am able to copy and paste the keywords into the File Info dialog of my RAW files easily, which is what I really need it for.

Peter, if you are familiar with this product and have any advice on it, please let me know.  I haven't received the CV catalog yet...takes up to 24 hours.  Thanks.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:35:53 PM »

I know David, we've worked together on UPDIG (www.updig.org).

I was hoping it could hook onto iView for seamless integration, but it's my understanding that it can't.

Personally, about all I can really manage is to add the few keywords to image files that helps me find them.  I think IIT is a good tool to prepare images for stock sales through a searchable database.
Peter
danaltick

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 09:50:34 PM »

Well, I'm going to go ahead and give the CV catalog a try.  It does appear to have some concept keywords as well.  At least this way I will be starting with a controlled vocabulary; which was really my biggest concern.  Hopefully Blue Box will enhance it to work more seemlessly with Bridge and iView.  However, I am able to copy and paste into the iView keywords field as well.  My hope is that I will be doing most of my keywording before the DNG conversion using Bridge.  I didn't have a problem copying and pasting entire sets of keyword heirarchies from to either application.  That went fairly quick.

Dan
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:40:32 AM by danaltick » Logged

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
danaltick

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 07:51:37 PM »

By the way Peter, thanks for the link to UPDIG.org.  A lot of good information there.

Dan

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: