The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 10:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Media Pro rotates images
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Media Pro rotates images  (Read 2793 times)
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »

When I change from THUMBNAIL to MEDIA by double clicking a vertical image, the image is rotated to horizontal, and will then export that way.  When I double click on a horizontal image, it seems to be resized to fit the window.

I'm running the latest version of Media Pro, have converted to DNG before importing, and am on the latest version of Lion.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thanx,

~Mark Stephen Kornbluth
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:07:48 AM »

Could you first rebuild the image?
Rotation should be the same now in thumbnail as in media view.
When the rotation is wrong, correct it than with Menu/Action/JPEG Rotate.
Roelof
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:12:25 AM »

On the PhaseOne user forum there is another person with (jpg) rotation problems on the most recent version (2) of Media Pro:
http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11974
Perhaps it's a technical issue afterall?
Than it's good to drop a support case with Phase One:
http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain/ContactSupport.aspx

Roelof
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:16:10 AM »

I have a case going now with Phase One.  They suggested that "The best solution for this would be to discontinue the use of the option to "Use Embedded Thumbnail (if available)" in both Preferences and Thumnail and Preview options."  I did that, but it didn't solve the problem.

It's not camera specific, shoot specific, and it doesn't rotate all vertical images.

I'm a volume shooter, and I edit fast, so to have to start correcting this when it happens is a big deterrent to continuing to use this program... iview seems to remain the best solution?

If it resolves, I'll let you know what Phase One says...

~Mark
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:11:43 AM »

Yes, i'm sticking also (with EM2) because all the problems and less functioanlity off MP1.
I'm affraid Phase One is not the 'rescuer'of our favorite DAM we hoped for, so i'm orientating on alternatives now (IDimager and Lightroom are both very promising).
Roelof
Mathias L

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »

I believe you have a menu called Content (I'm on the Swedish version so the name may be slightly different, possibly View). From there, choose Default orientation , while marking the thumbnails you want to affect. Then they are most likely all displayed in landscape orientation.
DNG:s (or Tiffs, for that matter) are not rotated by Rotate Jpeg. And what you rotate with the small arrows left and right in the Information bar is only the view, the picture itself is not touched. Default orientation resets that view.
Mathias L
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: