The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  smart catalogues for model releases
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: smart catalogues for model releases  (Read 1370 times)
Mathew Farrell

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 09, 2012, 03:05:53 PM »

Hi all

I'm trying to figure on the best way to annotate images in my library that are available to be sent to my stock library. My two criteria are Not Commisioned and Model Released (well, two distinct locations - Released and Not Released).

The easier sounding solution which I don't like so much is to add the keyword "model released' to each image of model X and model Y and create a smart collection for "model released" keyworded images. The thing I don't like about this is future maintainance of newly ingested images (or missing stuff from the past).

The better way I've conjured is to create a smart collection that includes the names of all the released modelss. Every time I get a new release form back, I add that name to the smart collection. This seems pretty robust to me, but I'm keen on feedback, and any holes folks might be able to see in this.

Mat

Mathew Farrell
Flowstate Photography
photography.flowstate.com.au
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »

Doesn't the second solution depend on a model release applying to all pictures of that model? Is that true? If so, it does seem more solid . How would you deal with shots where there are two or more models?

The by-photo method obviously causes more work, but isn't it liable to be more accurate / granular ?

John
Mathew Farrell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:13:14 AM »

Good and accurate point John, cheers.

a "Not Released" keyword (or at least one with different spelling/words to "Released"!) would also be a smart way to get around the multiple model scenario, but I'm unlikely to follow that protocol if I'm honest with myself.

Mathew Farrell
Flowstate Photography
photography.flowstate.com.au
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: