The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 11:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28016 Posts in 5137 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  where to list client in metadata
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: where to list client in metadata  (Read 1209 times)
jimtron

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:39:03 PM »

Anyone have suggestions on where to enter the client (who hired you for the shoot) in LR metadata? I've been doing that in the keywords field, but would prefer to have it elsewhere if there's a practical way to do that.

- Jim

R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »

I would think that down in the "Workflow" area of the LR metadata window, "Job Identifier" would be what you are looking for. Or you could "hijack" a field from say, IPTC or Image, such as "Headline" or "Intellectual category" ... most photographers shooting for clients (like our portrait studio) don't bother putting anything in those fields ...

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:16:13 AM »

This is how i do it:
I'm putting al information about images into the metadata of the images (where, what, when, copyrights)
All information about my workflow (what needs keywording, what needs edtiting, wich client, work in progress/delivered, etc) i put into catalog sets. Normaly this information wil never be synchronised to the original files. It's only information for me.
Roelof
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: