The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Need help creating buckets in MediaPro...please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need help creating buckets in MediaPro...please  (Read 1257 times)
bcarlson

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »

Hello

I'm having trouble understanding the directions in making buckets in the Catalog Folders area in MediaPro (pg. 423-24). Granted, I am reading the 2nd edition of The DAM Book, which covers how to do it with Expression Media and not MediaPro but I'm assuming it's not too much different.

Specifically I am having trouble splitting a folder in two and putting it into two buckets (example: if one bucket has some room in it but not enough to store the whole folder). I know how to make a bucket and how to put subfolders in it but just can't find an easy way to see the size of the folder I am going to split and the size of the bucket. In the book it says when you click a folder the program calculates the size of the shown item next to the catalog size in the bottom left. For some reason MediaPro isn't doing this when I click on a folder. It only does it when I click the dot to the right of the folder (but the dot isn't available on buckets) How do I get it to do this? Once I've accomplished this, how do I go about splitting a folder in two so that I can put it in two buckets?

Sorry if I'm long winded. Just want to be thorough. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks in advance for your help! It means a lot to me.

Brian
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »

Indeed EM lets you see the size off the folders but the information is not always refreshed very quickly. So i found myself checking the size of the folders in Windows explorer, not very efficient..
There are some tools to warn you when exceeding a certain point (you can put in you own amount), then you have to make a new folder (by hand).

Roelof
bcarlson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »

What are those tools (I'm using Mac)?

I just feel like creating new folders and dividing buckets should be easier than this in MediaPro. There has to be something I'm missing. Anyone?

Brian
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »

Brian,

The both tools i know of are for Windows only but you could take a look at this topic: http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=4673.0, this is about tools for Mac.

Roelof
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: