The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  Snow Leopard to Lion - Is it worth moving up yet?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Snow Leopard to Lion - Is it worth moving up yet?  (Read 2191 times)
Mahombi

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »

Has anyone an opinion on moving up to Lion from Snow Leopard? Are there any known problems with Lion from a photographic/DAM software perspective?

Terry
Mahombi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:00:50 AM »

I'll take that as a "No!" then.
Laura

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »

There are some issues with Lion. See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html for known issues with Lion and Adobe products, like Photoshop. If you do any html, Lion's version of TextEdit won't save an .htm file for more than a few moments.  It turns itself into a .txt file. Apple knows about the problem and might fix it someday. An easy fix is to use someone else's text program. You may want to read about Lion's automatic save feature that saves versions of your files. I prefer to be in charge of my saving.  Also, the default for Lion re-opens all applications/windows you had open when you shut down.  If you are using heavy duty programs like Photoshop and Lightroom, this feature might really slow down your boot up.  I've turned off that option. 

Laura Johnson
Mahombi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:45:38 AM »

Thanks Laura. Your info, along with other opinions I've had, tells me that now is not the time to move to Lion. I sometimes wonder if Apple ever pay attention to users feedback when they're planning a new OS.

Thanks again.

Terry 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: