The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 06:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Moving to new computer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moving to new computer  (Read 1713 times)
dmf57

View Profile Email
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »

Been using Imageingester pro for two years(LOVE IT).Bought new computer need to get current settings (file naming/backup/convert to dng ect.) to new computer.Will i have to download reregister and start over or is there away i can get current settings to new computer(will not be using old computer at all)have external harddrives if needed.
Thanks for your help
     David ford
nicolaiwhjorth

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:56:50 AM »

Even though this is an old post I was unable to find the answer anywhere I searched, so for the benefit of future users:

On Windows 7 I found all II settings in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ImageIngesterPro

I copied all files and folders to my new Windows 8 computer and placed in the same catalog, and presto! all my settings are back on my new machine (except the license code which I entered manually).

It's also worth remembering to include the patj as well as the Adobe settings in your regular backups.

Best regards
Nicolai
DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »

You will have to enter your license code in manually.  For all of your settings, database, etc, check out the PDF Manual from the ImageIngester website.  Marc has the location of all the files you will need to transfer listed in there for both Mac and PC.  Transfer them over and you should be set.  I just did it yesterday for my Mac and it was easy.

Good luck.
Drew
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: