Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
photos not rotated when viewing in windows, but on mac os the are rotated
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 05:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  photos not rotated when viewing in windows, but on mac os the are rotated
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: photos not rotated when viewing in windows, but on mac os the are rotated  (Read 7214 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »

I have noticed that with some of my vertical photos that I downloaded with the mac version of image ingester pro, show up rotated properly when browsing them on mac os, but when I look at these same photos on a windows computer, the vertical ones show up sideways as though they were not rotated.

Sossity
ianw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »

Hi,

This almost certainly isn't an Image Ingester issue as it shouldn't be touching any of the Exif data that controls image orientation.

Some camera's record a portrait image as a portrait.  Others record it in landscape but with an Exif instruction to rotate it +/- 90 degrees.  When you rotate images within software applications some of them just amend the orientation flag (and maybe update the embedded JPG preview) while others actually rotate the whole image, although I think this is probably restricted to final formats e.g. JPG and GIF etc - I don't think you can't actually rotate a RAW image.

You don't state what the image types are or their history but I would guess that you've "processed" some of them along the way and it is this that is affecting how they are displayed on your computers.  As you have different brands of hardware you probably have different flavours of software so chances are that it is these that are affecting the results.

Ian
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »

The image types are .jpgs from the panasonic DMC-zs7 camera. They were new images fresh off the sd card, I had not done anything else to them, just downloading as camera originals. When I download the images from this camera & sd card with downloader pro, I do not have this problem.

Sossity
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: