The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  problem importing keywords
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: problem importing keywords  (Read 1384 times)
Leon Werdinger

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »

EM2 + Mac OS 10.6.8

Hi,
I switched source hard drives for my images so created a new catalog by Resetting Paths.  Unfortunately, a significant number of the paths didn't reset and the only way they would was one at a time (which took a lot of time). 
So when that happened with another catalog I thought it'd be better to start fresh by creating a new catalog and importing the images.  Unfortunately when I did that the jpegs & tiffs imported fine by the NEFs didn't display thumbnails. So I used Rebuild Item for the NEFs and the thumbnails displayed.  But the problem is the keywords on the NEFs don't show up and Synch Annotations didn't work, even one at a time.  The keywords, which were generated on EM, are on the source files.
Any ideas?
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »

Hello Leon,

Be sure that you first sync annotations (on the old situation) before importing the images into another catalog. When adding keywords in EM these are not automatic 'inserted' into the image. They first only land in the EM database so you have to sync it first (bring the keywords from database into the image).

Also check the settings, when i remember it well there could arise problems with the 'include the GPS field' option. I alway's uncheck this option myself:
uncheck

Roelof
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »

Hello Leon,

Be sure that you first sync annotations (on the old situation) before importing the images into another catalog. When adding keywords in EM these are not automatic 'inserted' into the image. They first only land in the EM database so you have to sync it first (bring the keywords from database into the image).

Also check the settings, when i remember it well there could arise problems with the 'include the GPS field' option. I alway's uncheck this option myself:

Roelof
Leon Werdinger

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »

Appreciate your response Roelof.  The annotations were probably already synched, but I'll try again and see if that was the issue.
Best wishes.
Leon
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: