The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media on Mac OS X Lion 10.7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media on Mac OS X Lion 10.7  (Read 3756 times)
AlexB

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:55:56 PM »

Has anyone had experience running Expression Media 2 on Mac OS X Lion / 10.7?

I've been using Roaring Apps http://roaringapps.com/apps:table/ as a resource but both Expression Media 2 and iView MediaPro are listed as "?" - no data. This is the last app I need to check out before I attempt to upgrade and it is an important one for me on this machine :-)

I do see Media Pro from Capture One listed as working fine, but I'm not sure I'm ready to move over to that version yet :-)

Thanks much for any info,
Alex
wolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:22:05 AM »

Hard to say if it's worth it. System changes are always tiresome, so never change a winning system.

If you want to change you should make sure to have 2 bootable systems: the old one and the new one (if that is hard for you, make sure that the old system in it's exact configuration is on your Backup)

Then make sure to test if all the drivers work on the new system (esp. Printer).
Also test your workflow

There is a nasty bug in Lion: You can transfer your account from the old machine to the new one with migration assistant. I did that via Time Machine. The bug is, that by transfering the account from a 10.6 TMbackup to a 10.7 (Lion) system with migration assistant the privileges get corrupted (which is a loss of data!). Bridge was a total mess because of this bug. My whole System was messed up and I had to set up the system from scratch! If you transfer accounts via Network or target boot mode there is no problem.

My recomondation: Wait with the Upgrade to 10.7 until you buy a new machine. Then you have the old machine as a fallback for the first month, then sell it.

Even though Lion is good. It is especially strong on Computers with small screen space (eg Laptops).

Regards, Wolf
cantrellphoto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 12:26:56 PM »

I'm using Expression Media 2.0.2 (2096)
I just got a new 27" iMac with solid state hard drive plus 1 terabyte internal drive and 8 gb of RAM.  New computer means no option except Lion.
Expression Media is acting buggy.  I search a catalogue to find/select all labels equal red.  I click on an image because I want to change the label color.  Just clicking on the image causes multiple files change to a new color, but not all selected images change to that color.  Out of the 27 selected images a few stayed the same, a few changed to brown, and then the majority changed to blue!  Restarting the computer doesn't change anything. In doing some more testing with this catalogue it happens every time I click on a couple of particular images.  But, if I reload the catalogue and click on other images first, then I can click on these same images and everything behaves properly. 

I've been Iview Medai Pro for years and nothing like this has happened before.

I've only had this commuter for a month.  I've noticed one other Medai Pro glitch in the creating of a catalogue.

Any thoughts, advice would be greatly appreciated.
~Amy Cantrell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: