Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Problems Syncing Annotations in EM2 (Mac Snow Leopard)
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 12:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Problems Syncing Annotations in EM2 (Mac Snow Leopard)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems Syncing Annotations in EM2 (Mac Snow Leopard)  (Read 4442 times)
BeckyMalaria

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:06:19 AM »

Hello,

We've been trying out a workflow which involves syncing annotations pretty regularly. I'm aware this carries the risk of corrupting the image files somewhere down the line, but at least for now, that's a risk we are living with.

The problem is, it doesn't reliably work -- not on large groups of images, anyway (9861 images and counting.)

I can confirm by opening and viewing in Bridge that exporting annotations on this size group does not work. Nor does importing. It might work for some of the group, but not all. I get the spinning icon and progress bar in Expression indicating the sync is taking place... but after it's done, the keywords ain't there.

Smaller selections of images are less problematic, but I can think of many occasions where one would want to sync for the whole catalog, and not have to do it in batches of 100 or whatever.

Anyone encountered this? Any advice or known workarounds to "force" sync to work?

Thanks all,

Becky
jimHere

born in the 20th Century

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »

I've never been brave enough to sync to more than about 500 images at any one time. Afraid of what would happen if a crash happened in the middle of the operation.
So for me, the "batches of 100 or whatever" is as far as I've gotten.

-- Jim
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: