The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 03:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Canon PowerShot G10 DNG Profile issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Canon PowerShot G10 DNG Profile issues  (Read 2608 times)
Chris Bishop

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:54:05 AM »

The only way I can get my color checker (by X-rite) not to blink over-exposure is to shoot at -2/3 exposure compensation. My EOS 450D was fine.
(PowerShot is a digic 4 processor, so should be better?) Should I be shooting ALL exposures at this? My acutal RAW files seem fine in LR.
 Chris Bishop
Richard Davis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »

Hi Chris,

Is this still an issue? I've not had any issues creating profiles for my G10. I usually just export to colorchecker from within Lightroom 3 but don't have any exposure issues when creating or using the profile.

Although the G10 is DIGIC 4, the smaller CCD coupled with the high 14.7Mp sensor offsets the capabilities of DIGIC 4 when compared to its performance on a larger CCD where the individual pixels are larger and heat dissipation from the CCD is better.

Regards,
Richard.

www.richarddavisphotography.com

BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »

I find if it is sunny that the Color Checker overexposes with my D2x, and I also have to underexpose a bit too. Or shoot it in indirect sun. Works best that way. It is a bit touchy. I was told to meter with a handheld meter with an incident reading in the event I could not get the image within range, even though the histogram looked good.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com, blog at www.BoglePhoto.blogspot.com
PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
Chris Bishop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:45:54 AM »

Thanks, I'll try the seperate meter route.
Chris
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: