The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 02:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  WAY off topic, but help please? (photo-sharing sites)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WAY off topic, but help please? (photo-sharing sites)  (Read 3324 times)
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »

This board has some of the most interesting experience sets of any forums I know, so I thought I'd ask here ... the variety of photo-usage here amazes me. As a portrait/wedding studio owner of many years, even though we've been fully digital since what ... 2002? ... we've always done our sales in-person (projected, of course .... Wink ). But this is rather different than our professional stuff ... I've got some pics from our daughter's graduation from a Lutheran Seminary (M. Div. degree) ... and she would like me to post them online for others from the Sem community to get pics from. I've no experience with this, as again, our studio sales are all in-person ...

What is your experience with ... don't even know what all is out there, really ... say, flickr, whoever ... so people could view and perhaps order a 4x6 or something that would go directly from the site to them without my needing to pay attention to it?

And next, I've seen comments that LR can link up with some to make it easy to post large groups of pics (100 to 300 or more ...). How well does that work?

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Paul_S

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »

Hi Neil, in your case I would suggest Zenfolio at only 25 for the basic it will enable you to password protect a gallery just for family and also enables you to allow print ordering by viewers using MPix at lab prices on just the galleries you select.  For what you want this word mean only allowing print orders on the password protected family to which you could e-mail the password to family members.

If you decide to go with Zenfolio use this code to get a 5 rebate of the first years membership.  PTU-TCC-KRP

Paul_S

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:25:22 AM »

Sorry forgot to add that LR works very well with Zenfolio if you add Jeffry Friedels add on exporter, I use it all the time.  http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/zenfolio

If you wish to check out my Zenfolio site which is the basic premium one it is here.  http://paulsilk.zenfolio.com/

R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:35:29 PM »

Thanks, Paul ...

I'll look at Zenfolio ... need to make a decision in the next couple days so it was great to get a response!

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Fredrik_Norrsell

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:07:51 AM »

I personally use Smugmug to share photos and sell prints from trips I lead.

http://fredriknorrsell.smugmug.com/Travel

I have been very happy with both print quality and capabilities of their Pro accounts. The Pro account allows me to share items at cost or make a profit, select betwwe 2 different printing labs, control print settings etc. It also allows me large freedom to customize the look of the site and maintain a very professional appearance, and detailed gallery statistics. There also are  details such as professional packaging of prints , and capability to send Thank You notes to your customer and much more.

Fredrik

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: