Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Make certain you demo the new Media Pro before paying for an upgrade from EM2
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 04:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Make certain you demo the new Media Pro before paying for an upgrade from EM2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Make certain you demo the new Media Pro before paying for an upgrade from EM2  (Read 6314 times)
cdubea

View Profile Email
« on: May 19, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »

In testing the Media Pro after paying for the upgrade, I uncovered a significant regression that makes it virtually useless for my needs.

If you are an EM2 users and are thinking about upgrading, download the demo and test it thoroughly before buying the upgrade.

Filing  support case with Phase One regarding the issue resulted in a "tough luck" response.

--
Chris

ianw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »

Chris,

Is this same show-stopper that I've found?  Go on, give us a hint!

I agree with you about testing the software first before paying for it.  My wallet's staying closed for now!  I only hope that when the next version is released, with a large number of fixes within it, that it also has a 30 trial period, one that really gives you 30 new days i.e. it doesn't include the time from when the original trial version was installed.

Ian
Doug

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »

Yeah, I'm curious to know what these show stoppers are. I haven't downloaded the trial. Looks like good eye candy in the screenshots.

-Doug
Roger Spencelayh

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »

Doug, if you want to see the gory details, have a look on the Phase One forum here: http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewforum.php?f=43

You will have to create an account to get on the forum, but you may find it worth it. Many have.

Roger
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »

You don't need to log in to read the forum. only post. It seems that the public flogging that Microsoft took with EM2 on its site has continued, as Microsoft left up the forum well after it stopped supporting the software. So far, other than the increased size of the catalogs, this does not look promissing.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com, blog at www.BoglePhoto.blogspot.com
PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
ianw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 03:23:09 AM »

Yeah, I'm curious to know what these show stoppers are.

Doug,

My showstopper is that the XML export doesn't work at all.  I get a message telling me that the MediaPro installation is incomplete.  I've re-installed, un-installed and re-installed and no joy.  Have an open case with Phase One and they have plenty of evidence, but so far no joy.

Looks like good eye candy in the screenshots.

Yes - she's a pretty girl but a real PITA, a prima donna diva with a very over-inflated opinion of herself.  Not someone I'd want to shoot again, at least not with a camera!

Ian
johnkilleen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 04:54:04 AM »

The OP's problem appears to be related to reading "non-native NEFs" (i.e. MP won't read NEF files that originated in another format). The OP converts jpeg scans to NEF. Unlikely to be an issue for the vast majority of users:

http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=10551

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: