Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Media Pro and C1 tethered integration
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 08:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Media Pro and C1 tethered integration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Media Pro and C1 tethered integration  (Read 4876 times)
arossphoto

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »

Can anyone comment on the integration between C1 and MP? If I'm shooting tethered into C1 how do images get added into MP? Is the workflow any different than it would have been with the old iView? I found that workflow way too cumbersome and that's why I switched to an all-in-one app like Aperture.
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:22:28 AM »

I've split this into its own topic.

I think it's fair to say that C1's tethered feature is well regarded. I don't use C1 or do enough tethered shooting to give my own opinion, but one detail people really like is the ability to shoot to a layout by placing a transparent overlay on the frame.

As for C1 integration with MP, it is in its very early stages and I wonder how they will resolve advocating separate products while simultaneously claiming integration. Right now I think it amounts to using C1's tethering and sending the files into folders set to auto-update in MP. You'd have to set that up, which isn't hard, but it's probably better to describe it as "not fighting one another" rather than integration in the sense you experience now.

John
arossphoto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »

My question wasn't really about tethered shooting, that was just an example. I was just wondering how tightly integrated the two apps are, and if images being captured directly into C1 would be automatically added to MP along with any metadata, rankings, etc, added in C1. The images could be loaded into C1 from a memory card as well, and I work both ways.

Thanks,

Andrew
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: