Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hierarchical keywords exchange between softwares
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Hierarchical keywords exchange between softwares
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hierarchical keywords exchange between softwares  (Read 8841 times)
Menace

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »

Hello,

I already used different DAM-Software (ACDSee Pro 2 --> Expression Media 2 --> Idimager 5 (currently main DAM-Software). Now I trying Media Pro 1 again.

When I used Expression Media an changed to IDimager 5, all my hierarchical Keywords was imported flat (just like normal keywords). I have the same problem with Media Pro 1. I search in the Internet about this problem (even in Adobe CS3 Bridge the hierarchical keywords are flat) and am I right that Media Pro didn't use the standard?

When I import files, which I cataloged (?) in Idimager, the hierarchical keywords are like they should [this program write the keywords like: animal|mammalia|cat|lion (for example)] and the keywords have in Media Pro 1 the right hierarchical keywords.

If I cataloged the files with Media Pro 1 an import it in IDimager it become flat. Is there a possibility to say MP1 to write the hierarchical keywords in a way, IDimager can understand (like: "|")?

Is there a possibility to use both software (as long as I export all hierarchical keywords directly in the file or in the XMP-Sidecard)? It would be a great advantage also for exchanging Files with other persons.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »

Media Pro 1 uses the same XMP field that Adobe created. It would make more sense for Idimager to adopt the 800lb gorilla's method than Phase One to change to a method used by a smaller company.

-- Robert.

Menace

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »

Finally I hope, there will be a standard. In IDimager there is a possibility to choose the way to read and write the hierarchical structure.

The problem is, that even adobes bridge cs3 can't read the hierarchical structure in a right way. But I've got an answer by phase one support team:

Looking at the file itself it seems as though Media Pro is reading the file as the XMP standard allows, as we can see a similiar conflict when looking at the XMP editor in Photoshop. Regardless I will suggest we look into proper accomodation for this type of Keywording with a future release.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: