Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
copy metadata from one file to another?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  copy metadata from one file to another?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: copy metadata from one file to another?  (Read 12204 times)
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »

I can't find this in the manual or help files, and can't find a command anywhere ... I want to copy the metadata (author/copyright on through keywords) from one image in a folder to the others. It's easy enough to do in Lightroom ... other than creating a new metadata template to then discard, which btw doesn't seem to give the option of copying keywords too ... how the heck do I do this?

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »

Neil,
The most of the things you want can be done with EM2 scripts.
John Beardworth wrote some extra scripts when the default ones ar not enough (http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/lightroom/iview/
Hope you can use these?
Roelof
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »

I have to write or find a script just to copy the file-info from one file to the others in a folder? Wow. So , to do nearly anything I would typically do in Lightroom easily and without learning anything, I've got to learn how to write EM scripts and/or find/modify them? Boy, is that a time saver! (not!)

I'm just used to Lightroom, where such a thing is considered a standard thing to do and is both featured in all helps/manuals/books and is awfully easy to do. Huh.

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:16:42 AM »

Hello Neil,

I also see some questions from you on the IdImager forum, are you working with 3 different DAM's or are you just orientating on them?
My advise is to 'dive' into one system only and try to learn all ins and outs of it. Some functionalities are better than the opposition and some are worse, isn't this always the case?
Using the available or custom scripts (from John) is not that hard but indeed you have to put in some effort to understand.
If i was you i would put effort into learning one system only, not three.
Succes,

Roelof
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »

You don't have to use scripts. Select the source thumbnail, then select the others. Go to the Info panel, and tick the little mark to the left of each field name that you want to synchronise. When done, click the tick mark at the top of the panel.

John
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »

Nice tip John, I din't know this one. Very useful, thanks!
Roelof
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »

It's actually much better than how Lightroom does it!

John
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »

I agree
Roelof
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »

Thanks John ... gonna go try it soon. Got lawn to mow first ... before it might rain. What a spring!

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: