Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
keywords won't "apply" to an image file
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 06:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  keywords won't "apply" to an image file
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: keywords won't "apply" to an image file  (Read 3907 times)
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

I'm having trouble here with EM2 ... the "manual" from MS says to annotate (or apply a keyword) to a file/s, in the info panel, click in the appropriate area (as for this, "keywords" and type in your entry ... then click the check-mark at the top and in the resulting dialog box click either "apply" or "apply to all selected".

I don't get any dialog box when I click the check-mark sign ... and the "annotations" do not stick to the file, they are not there on return after leaving the folder and coming back. Nor do the files cause the numbers up in the list above to increment showing more files annotated with a specific keyword.

Am I supposed to face the East and do a happy-dance also, or some other arcane ritual? This is rather a problem ... !

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
BeckyMalaria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

Hi Neil,

I double click in the Keywords panel, type, then press Return to complete my entry. No checkbox (I don't actually see a checkbox) or dialog box. If I have one item selected, my keyword is applied to one item. If I have multiple items selected, my keyword is applied to the selected items. The other way I do it is (assuming Keywords is enabled in the View window) to type directly under the image in the Keywords field and separate keywords with commas.

Not what you're seeing?

Becky
BeckyMalaria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »

Hi Neil,

I begin to see where this might be causing confusion.

In the Organize sidebar, at the top, there is a Catalog Fields panel. If you click the + sign at the top right of that panel, then you get a dialog box, which is perhaps what the manual is referring to. You can assign keywords in this panel, but it's not immediately apparent (you have to choose Keywords from the drop-down list at the top of the dialog.) I don't use this method to assign keywords, myself.

-Becky
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 01:24:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Becky!

I was trying to add keywords by a couple ways in selecting multiple images, then in the info panel clicking the keywords box down below on the left, and typing in a keyword. That didn't work at all. I did find that I could add a keyword to that upper box, then select files and then click the keyword thing again and it would apply them. But going to the file's own "info" section and trying to add a keyword doesn't seem to do anything ... at least any way that I can find. And not like the manual says either ... hmm.

Still haven't figured out how to copy the entire metadata from one image (including keywords) and simply paste that onto the other images of that folder ... it's something rather simple in the Adobe programs but I haven't found anything even alluding to that for EM2 ... except to make a metadata template, and the ones I've been able to try don't seem to include the keywords section.

And I DON'T want to make a universal template to apply to other files ... JUST the files of that particular session. Odd that it seems such a difficult concept for EM ... at least, as far as this noob can tell!

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »

Neil,
You can copy keywords from one image to another (ore more images in one run) via (menubar) Scripts/Annotate/Keywords from first to rest
Roelof
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: