Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LR3 to Google maps, centers on wrong location
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 11:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  LR3 to Google maps, centers on wrong location
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LR3 to Google maps, centers on wrong location  (Read 10851 times)
Fredrik_Norrsell

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:16 AM »

I'm using LR3 and when I click on the arrow it will mark the correct location in Google maps. But here is the problem, I often shoot in remote locations (10-100 kilometers from named roads and towns) and in these cases Google maps will open centered and zoomed in at some town/highway. Then I have to zoom out and scroll around until I can see my location, and then zoom back in.
Anyone else have the same problem? Anyway to get Google maps to start centered at the tagged location?

Computer: MacBookPro, OSX 10.6.7, Safari 5.0.5, and LR3.3

Fredrik
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:56:26 AM »

Hi Fredrik,

I'm using EM2 as my cataloging software which uses Virtual Earth. The pin centers on the location on the map, not the nearest road or address. I've been using LR's develop module and am playing with the library module but am not as ready to use it at this point. When I read your post I opened LR and selected a photo that was taken a few miles from the nearest road and discovered that Google maps did not center on the GPS coordinates just as you described. I did discover that if you click on "more info" next to the address marker in the left panel, Google will display the photos coordinates. Clicking on search maps, Google will scroll out to show the photo location however the map will still be centered on the address marker. Played around with it but couldn't find a way to get Google maps to center on the coordinates instead of the address.

Bill   
Fredrik_Norrsell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »

Thanks Bill,
Quite an annoying quirk with Google maps! The tip of clicking on more info and search map does speed it up compared to randomly zooming and scrolling until you find the coordinates.

Fredrik
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: