Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
to migrate for migration?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 07:53:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  to migrate for migration?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: to migrate for migration?  (Read 3017 times)
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« on: April 21, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »

The wife's studio files are filed with an ... interesting ... pattern? ... on several drives and computers. So ... my task is to get the whole shebang migrated to a "live archive" drive/s for general storage/usage and set up a proper backup procedure/protocol/location scheme.

She will work the files in Lightroom/CS on her computer, then move them to the main "live archive" so that all studio files are available for use. As they are moved from her computer to the live archive they'll also be bucketed for additive backup storage. Given the current state of messiness, this is gonna be a groaner of a task.

First, there is an old catalog in iView MP3 of one of the "main" storage drive/folder locations. This is one of around 4 main drive/folder combo areas to get files from for the clean centralized live archive I'm building. That catalog hasn't been updated in at least a year, probably two. There is also a never-used copy of Expressions Media 2 on that computer ... as this is gonna be a lengthy process, should I migrate from iV-MP3 to EM2 before going further, or just do it all in iView?

Second, there are a couple drives that were sort of used as inconsistent backup locations ... they've gigs of files, MOST of which are on maybe two other drives ... but not ALL the folders/files on them are duplicated elsewhere, or at least, consistently. What would be the easiest way to compare two folder-trees to find, depending on what's easiest,

1) NON-duplicated folder/files ... (for when it looks like most things are duplicated but I can't be certain ... )

or

2) DUPLICATED folders/files? (for when it doesn't seem to include many duplicated folders/files)

Thanks!

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

Should we migrate from iView to EM2 simply as the program to catalog her files ... I guess that's another question, as PhaseOne still hasn't released an upgraded EM yet ...

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: