Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media 2 Support for AVCHD (.mts) media files
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:12:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media 2 Support for AVCHD (.mts) media files
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media 2 Support for AVCHD (.mts) media files  (Read 2365 times)
JoeThePhotographer

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2011, 08:53:19 AM »

I am trying Expression Media 2 for the first time.

I had been under the impression that it pretty much supported every type of media out there.  Out of the box, it did not support .WAV or .DNG files, but installing Quicktime cured that.

However, AVCHD files with .mts extension appear to not be supported by either Quicktime or EM2, and the only work-arounds at this time are (i) conversion and (ii) rewrapping.

I am not eager to invest time and money in either conversion or rewrapping.  One of the reasons I invested in Premiere Pro CS5 is to avoid that stuff.  So it seems the only option is to use Premiere Pro to manage my .mts files until Lightroom, EM2 or some other media manager comes around.  I note that Windows 7 comes with built-in support for .mts files, so I'm not sure what the deal is with Adobe and EM2.

If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know.  At this point, I've stopped evaluating EM2 for the lack of AVCHD support.

Joe
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: