The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Hardware Discussions
| | |-+  External Blu-Ray Drive for Macintosh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: External Blu-Ray Drive for Macintosh  (Read 1354 times)
JCGamble

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »

The time has come to switchover to Blu-Ray for DVD backups of the archive and new photo shoots. I'm trying to source a solid, well-made affordable Blu-Ray drive to interface with my Macintosh computers (Mac Pro and Macbook Pro). I appreciate any suggestions that might be of use as I am updating my workflow.

Thank you in advance.
Joseph Gamble
ashleykaryl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »

I am sorry I don't have any suggestions at the moment but I have just been thinking along the same lines. I did see a Sony model on Amazon that seemed to be getting good reviews but I really need to do some more research because my knowledge of blu-ray is just about zero. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDX-S500U-Blu-ray-Writer-External/dp/B0042X8PA8/ref=sr_1_6

I am torn between the convenience of blu-ray and wondering about the wisdom of placing so much data on one disc.

Mathew Farrell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »

One of the really nice things about Mac these days is they seem to have the edge on compatibility (not expecting a fire-fight here folks...) Are there any such considerations with Blu-ray drives?
Mat

Mathew Farrell
Flowstate Photography
photography.flowstate.com.au
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: