The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Workflow Discussions
| |-+  Stock Photography
| | |-+  TopazLabs for Potoshop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TopazLabs for Potoshop  (Read 6724 times)
AlexKovacheva

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:21 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm Alex and I'm very new (first post) :]

I am trying to 'clean' some of the images I work on with Topaz CLEAN 2.1.0. My primary files were TIFFs, on which I made some parametric editing and then converted and saved into DNGs with Bridge.

I made a copy of both the TIFF and DNG, but in JPEG format, as Topaz filters work with JPEG (as far as i know). So far so good, but when I open them in Photoshop and go to Menu -> Filters, I'm not allowed to use Topaz filters. When I open a JPEG file (which has not been derived from another file) everything's just fine.

Has anybody had the same problem? And if yes, please help.

Thanks,

Alex Kovacheva

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »

What file type does Topaz refuse to launch for?  TIFF or DNG? I can't tell by your description.
Peter
AlexKovacheva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:47:01 PM »

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the answer. I made JPEG derivatives from both a TIFF and a DNG file, and Topaz refuses to edit them both. Again, when I try to edit a JPEG file, say downloaded from the Internet, everything is fine.

Regards,

Alex
rogerhoward

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:17:25 PM »

Is it possible the image you opened from TIFF or DNG is in 16 bit per channel color - and Topaz can't handle that (as many older plugins can't)? Whereas your JPEG will always be 8 bit per channel, which is (nearly) universally supported.

The original file type shouldn't matter - once the file is opened in Photoshop, it's just an image (basically) to Photoshop and most plugins wouldn't care about the format... just like Photoshop itself - you can open a JPEG and then add alpha channels or other features not supported by JPEG, you just don't find that out until you go to Save.

My guess is it's something related to the color mode.

-Roger Howard

-----

Roger Howard
AlexKovacheva

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »

Hey Roger,

It's fine now, thanks :]

Eventually, it turned out that I had to convert my images into 24bit to get Topaz to work. Now it's kicking 'n runnin.

Regards and thanks again,

Alex
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: