The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 06:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28016 Posts in 5137 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  DAM or other solution?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DAM or other solution?  (Read 2775 times)
Ramshackles

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 02:47:01 PM »

Hello people,

I've been going back and forth trying to figure out which solution would be best for us, we are a little group of 6 people which takes pictures for freelance projects. We currently have a single server where we store all our photos.

We don't need to do much editing or advanced editing anyway, mostly crop and resize.

What we would like however is the same metadata or catalog.
And fast browsing of the photos.

We have tried the trial version of idimager sql, but the speed of viewing the catalog over a gbit network doesnt seem that fast at all. That's really the most important thing, speed of viewing the pictures since that's what we do the most, viewing and selecting which images to use in projects.

I hope you have any advice, DAM or not. Been looking at Daminion but it's not yet released.

Thanks in advance,
Claus
havezet

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:32:33 AM »

Hi Claus,

If speed of viewing over the network is slow then that is because the network is the limiting factor. I don't expect it to be much better with any tool. You could consider using IDimager in offline mode which eliminates network access. Also, do you store the previews in SQLserver or sqlite (the default).

Hert

Author of IDimager
http://www.idimager.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: