Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Image Ingester and DNG conversions on ingestion: NRW issues
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2020, 02:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Image Ingester and DNG conversions on ingestion: NRW issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Image Ingester and DNG conversions on ingestion: NRW issues  (Read 3770 times)
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »

I have been working with Image Ingester Pro for several years, and love its functionality and features. It is one of the best pieces of software in my workflow. I convert to DNG on ingestion (one of the backups is still the virgin NEF file from Nikon). Everything works fine on my D2x files. I bought a G10 a couple of years ago, and once the Camera Raw caught up with it, they work fine on conversion on download. I got a Nikon P7000 last year, and assumed the same issues with waiting for the camera raw updates and DNG converter update, and all would be fine. It is not.

For some reason, the NRW files/folders when brought through IIP don't convert with the latest DNG converter (6.3). The NEF files are fine, they convert and get put in the proper hard drives. The converter fails to run on the NRW files, and leaves all three folders (working HD, backup 1 HD and Backup 2 HD) as NRW files. I can open the DNG converter separately and drop the folder in there, but then I have both NRW and DNG files in the same folder. I then do a find and delete the NRWs in that folder. It is the bottleneck I had hoped to avoid.

Any thoughts on why the DNG 6.3 works on NEF and not on NRW in IIP? I understand that 6.3 works on folders not files, but it should be the same for both if both formats are recognized in the converter by Adobe.

Thanks.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com, blog at www.BoglePhoto.blogspot.com
PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: